- "Alma” meaning to nourish aptly names our treadle feeder
- The Alma is a “Pest Proof” feeder meaning no rats or other wild animals can help themselves to the feed.
- The Anti-waste nylon grid eliminates scatter and waste of feed.
- No feed waste and no opportunistic pests mean big savings over time with your feed budget.
- Unlike other treadle feeders available today the Alma is all-metal construction for a sturdier and long-lasting construction
- 2 birds can feed at one time
- The perforated Treadle or platform on to which the bird steps to feed is also of a strong metal construction giving a sense of stability and safety to the birds
- Diamond shape lid encloses and protects the feed keeping it dry and does not allow water to pool on top of the feeder
- Weight necessary to open the feed door is easily adjusted between bird weight of .5 lbs to 5lbs.
- Stabilizing feet to avoid direct contact with ground thus preventing rust and premature failure of the feeder
- A great addition to any chicken coop
Very well made feeder with top quality materials! Food stays dry. The treadle and door have needed quite a bit of adjustments to try and get it to fully close,
It is a very well built feeder just trying to get chickens used of using it
We needed an automatic feed to feed our 6 or so chickens AND be rodent proof, as we are in the mountains with lots of crawly things. This does the job great, and I was surprised by the gauge of the metal and quality of the build. I expect this to last for many years to come.
I am hoping my hens will get used to it. I have another brand and they love it. This one requires sticking their head farther in to eat. I like the idea they can't make much mess but so far very reluctant to use it...even with it weighted open.
It is perfect and was delivered very quickly, thanks!