- "Alma” meaning to nourish aptly names our treadle feeder
- The Alma is a “Pest Proof” feeder meaning no rats or other wild animals can help themselves to the feed.
- The Anti-waste nylon grid eliminates scatter and waste of feed.
- No feed waste and no opportunistic pests mean big savings over time with your feed budget.
- Unlike other treadle feeders available today the Alma is all-metal construction for a sturdier and long-lasting construction
- 2 birds can feed at one time
- The perforated Treadle or platform on to which the bird steps to feed is also of a strong metal construction giving a sense of stability and safety to the birds
- Diamond shape lid encloses and protects the feed keeping it dry and does not allow water to pool on top of the feeder
- Weight necessary to open the feed door is easily adjusted between bird weight of .5 lbs to 5lbs.
- Stabilizing feet to avoid direct contact with ground thus preventing rust and premature failure of the feeder
- A great addition to any chicken coop
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I am hoping my hens will get used to it. I have another brand and they love it. This one requires sticking their head farther in to eat. I like the idea they can't make much mess but so far very reluctant to use it...even with it weighted open.
It is perfect and was delivered very quickly, thanks!
Works great, buy it.
This feeder is one of the best feeders I have ever tried! It works for not only my 12-pound Brahmas but it also works for my bantams! (less than a pound) The feed never gets wet or blown around. All the chickens use it and were easy to teach to us it!