- "Alma” meaning to nourish aptly names our treadle feeder
- The Alma is a “Pest Proof” feeder meaning no rats or other wild animals can help themselves to the feed.
- The Anti-waste nylon grid eliminates scatter and waste of feed.
- No feed waste and no opportunistic pests mean big savings over time with your feed budget.
- Unlike other treadle feeders available today the Alma is all-metal construction for a sturdier and long-lasting construction
- 2 birds can feed at one time
- The perforated Treadle or platform on to which the bird steps to feed is also of a strong metal construction giving a sense of stability and safety to the birds
- Diamond shape lid encloses and protects the feed keeping it dry and does not allow water to pool on top of the feeder
- Weight necessary to open the feed door is easily adjusted between bird weight of .5 lbs to 5lbs.
- Stabilizing feet to avoid direct contact with ground thus preventing rust and premature failure of the feeder
- A great addition to any chicken coop
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
It is a very well built feeder just trying to get chickens used of using it
We needed an automatic feed to feed our 6 or so chickens AND be rodent proof, as we are in the mountains with lots of crawly things. This does the job great, and I was surprised by the gauge of the metal and quality of the build. I expect this to last for many years to come.
I am hoping my hens will get used to it. I have another brand and they love it. This one requires sticking their head farther in to eat. I like the idea they can't make much mess but so far very reluctant to use it...even with it weighted open.
It is perfect and was delivered very quickly, thanks!
Works great, buy it.