- Alma” meaning to nourish aptly names our treadle feeder
- The Alma is a “Pest Proof” feeder meaning no rats or other wild animals can help themselves to the feed.
- The Anti-waste nylon grid eliminates scatter and waste of feed.
- No feed waste and no opportunistic pests mean big savings over time with your feed budget.
- Unlike other treadle feeders available today the Alma is all-metal construction for a sturdier and long-lasting construction
- 2 birds can feed at one time
- The perforated Treadle or platform on to which the bird steps to feed is also of a strong metal construction giving a sense of stability and safety to the birds
- Diamond shape lid encloses and protects the feed keeping it dry and does not allow water to pool on top of the feeder
- Weight necessary to open the feed door is easily adjusted between bird weight of .5 lbs to 5lbs.
- Stabilizing feet to avoid direct contact with ground thus preventing rust and premature failure of the feeder
This feeder is one of the best feeders I have ever tried! It works for not only my 12-pound Brahmas but it also works for my bantams! (less than a pound) The feed never gets wet or blown around. All the chickens use it and were easy to teach to us it!